The following charity organisations were supported by Bush Time at Mabula over the last couple of years:
- Kobus Wiese’s Annual Charity Golf Day were he raises funds for the Forest Town School for learners with special needs.
- The Rooiberg Bavaria – Rooiberg
- Tekna Children’s home in Bela-Bela.
- Abraham Kriel Children’s Home in Modimole.
- A Re Aganeng old age home in Makapanstad.
- Kitty and Puppy Haven in Midrand.
- Manger Care Centre Bela-Bela.
- Warmbad Rusoord
Mabula Ground-Hornbill Project
We are thrilled to have partnered with the Woman’s Leadership and Training Programme (WLTP) in southern KwaZulu-Natal to initiate conservation of the Southern Ground-Horbill in rural communities. Many of the threats that the birds face on commercial farmland are less of a problem here, but fragmentation of populations (by forestry and sugarcane). coupled with expanding settlements,has none-the-less led to a decline.