The Waterberg mountain range snugly cradles the renowned Mabula Private Game Reserve, which is home to a mosaic of exceptional scenic landscapes as well as an abundance of wildlife species. Game viewing is at its best against a backdrop of rivers, streams and stretches of open vistas. Mammal species include big game such as elephant, lion, leopard and buffalo. African python and the Nile crocodile are also resident in the reserve which is a birdwatchers’ paradise as well.
The following facilities can be found at Mabula:
- Children’s dedicated play grounds
- Curio Shop
- DSTV limited bouquet package (in all units)
- Entertainment programme for young and old during public school holidays and long weekends.
- Mabula Spa Horse Riding & Quad Rides
- Game Safaris in 4 x 4 Open Safari Game Viewers
- Pool bar (Summer only) and indoor bar at the Main Lodge
- Pool Tables
- Private airstrip (gravel)
- Swimming Pool at each camp
- Tennis Courts x 3
- Volley ball court
Please note that the closest petrol / diesel station is in Bela Bela some 47 kilometers away. It is recommended that you fill up in Bela Bela before coming to Mabula.